January 1, 1936, Charles H. Jett, Jr. purchased the Servel Electrolux Gas Refrigerator franchise & business from his father, Charles H. Jett, Sr. and soon began offering financing options to customers.
Keeping it in the family, Mayme Bush Jett kept the business running when her husband, Mr. Jett, Jr. enlisted in the Army Air Corp., during World War II.
The historic Jett Building at 101 E. High Street, which was built in 1820, was purchased in 1945. The first two floors were used for the appliance business, while Charlie and Mayme made their home on the top floor for the first few years.
On January 31, 1947, the corporation Jett’s Inc. was formed. Since that date the corporate articles have been amended several times and as the business evolved, underwent several name changes.
While attempting to maintain the historical features, the Downtown location has undergone many renovations. The bank has also added additional branches and an operations center. The staff has grown to over 60 employees, and the bank is invested in keeping technology best in class.
The bank continues to be a locally owned, independent community bank committed to uncompromised financial strength, and unparalleled client and community service.